I am on another long stint of 16 days straight before I get to enjoy a well deserved month of break in Thailand marking a pretty massive first half of the year where I would have executed 52 events of my goal of 100 under 16 weeks since the year started for me. I have this phylosophy that you work hard to play hard and it can get pretty full on at times.
Some of the extra commitments I've made of late is to bring out a blog post each day which adds to my hectic schedule but I am committed so no excuses. After completing two half day events today for two groups of 10 at our home and the clock is at 11:20pm, I am committed to post this for my followers and readers.
I get tired and drained just like any human being but when going through long stints like these I choose to think about it this way:
1. Just take it one day at a time and one task or meeting at a time.
2. Even though I am exhausted at the end of the day, I know my 8 hours sleep will get me back to normal for tomorrow.
3. I have my amazing holidays experiences to look forward to at the end of this - I always reward myself.
4. I am grateful to have the oppotunity to serve the amount of peopel that I do.
5. I know I am on purpose when I seems to have this amount of energy to do what I love.
Overwhelm can strike very easily if I start looking at everything I need to achieve the next 16 days - the amount of people I need to speak to and the amount of events I need to pack, unpack. travel, turn up to and deliver. Focussing on that as an overall doesn't serve me, instead just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. Each day will bring new exciting outcomes and challenges at the same time. I will learn, grow and turn up even better the next day.
Those that observe my activity levels are stumped how I achieve all the things that I do being also a mum of 3 and other responsibilities that need to fulfil. To me I am just me, I don't know how I do it, I just know I do and it brings me pleasure. No sane person in this world would do what I do if they didn't love it 100%. Maybe I just don't know any other way to be but me and the way I do things. I am glad I hear that I inspire others but I am really just doing the best I know how.